Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hiatus and all

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
amatsu
Admin
Admin
amatsu

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Character sheet
Race:

Hiatus and all Empty
PostSubject: Hiatus and all   Hiatus and all Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 5:25 am

Okay so I will be gone for some few months since school is back and I can't be online (I've been forbidden to do anything not related to school, I have to make excuses just to use it), and I have no time to edit and all that. I will probably be back full time by August, not really sure. But I will be online at least an hour a day, so whenever there's something up just e-mail me on my gmail, amatsu.p@gmail.com. I'll still post from time to time at different forums, but I can't assure anyone that I can do anything for the scanlating business.

Here are the KOR translators' emails and everything you need to know about them;

Rachel (angelsdawn000)
email: youngeun90@yahoo.com
project: You're So Cool (she's done with ch 5 but due to something she had to do the ch 4 which was supposed to be done by someone else)
she'll be credited with the name: Rachel

Jin
email: jinnah13@gmail.com
project: Chocolat (she's currently handing the volume 8 of it)
she'll be credited with the name: Jin (not sure really what she wants, but I think this is fine)

Jane
email: msludwigvanbee@yahoo.com
project: anything (she's doing Chocolat Vol 7)
she'll be credited with the name: ilovekenjifujima

Be kind to them, kk? Some of them might get touchy and it'll be hard to find replacements. BTW, Mel, I am not yet an official staffer (I'm planning on resigning, actually) of Korean Manhwa, so don't tell people that I'm with them, although it would be better if you don't mention that I'm affiliated with my other groups, it kind of doesn't really matter (I just remembered what you said to Jin Wink).

The manhwa department needs typesetters (I think Phan and Chu wanted to help before? I'm not sure now though, I think they're busy?) for YSC and Choc, and a very patient cleaner for YSC (you don't need to unbent the pages, just level it nicely and clean the dirt).

If someone wants to work with the chapter 5 of YSC (you have to clean or typeset, or both), here's the raws, and the PR'd script:

RAWS: http://www.4shared.com/file/17427897/65c4eaf8/ysc_vol05_ch05.html

PR'd SCRIPT:
The link doesn't work anymore, contact ED to get it. I can't remember downloading it so I can't re-upload it.

Here's ch 4 the script is not yet handed in, but the raws needs cleaning so any nice cleaner out there, pick this up please;

RAWS:
http://www.4shared.com/file/17428158/e7c93bc/yscvol05ch04.html

And here's Chocolat Vol 6 Ch 1 this needs typesetting but the script is still undergoing proofing;

CLEANS (cleaned by mel, script still with proofreader):
http://www.divshare.com/download/832076-400

To typesetters:

You can pretty much do everything you want with the SFX (choice of fonts, I mean). But for the narration text use something like hanshand, something neat and scripty. Use new fonts please. And then use Tahoma or Verdana for words coming from the TV, any electrical thing, then for normal talk, I was thinking of avoiding Wild Words, I wanted to try something not all caps (what's the word for that?), like maybe Mighty Zeo, Disney Simple or Komika Text, although if you'd prefer something all caps, use Zud Juice, I'm getting tired of Wild Words. For freetalks use something simple like Flair, Franciscan, Komika Text, or you can use Wild Words here. For Small talks/Side talks: use something like meadbold or kristen.

To Cleaners:
If the cleaning of the SFX requires hard redrawing don't touch it and just put a note. But if it's easy, do it, please, same with the double page spreads.

For anyone who's doing the credit pages, consult Mel about the staffs of any manhwa project.

If we found another KOR translator, please hand him/her Neck and Neck or if our translators right now have decided to stop doing their projects, hand it to them. YSC Vol 6 needs translating as well, no one's doing it right? ahhh... I think Rachel will do it.

And to ED, the potential jap translator has agreed to work for us, here's how his e-mail goes;

Quote :
ok im game but i wont b very active until afternoon next thursday i got finals this and next week then im off to summer vacation then ill help as much as i can ill even help while i travel in vietnam cuz itll be somewhat boring

You can talk to him now. :p

Okay, that's all (I think). Again, I can still use the internet for an hour or two, so if there's something you want to know, email me, or PM, or whatever.
Back to top Go down
phanzanu
phanzanu

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Character sheet
Race: Filipino

Hiatus and all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiatus and all   Hiatus and all Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 8:34 am

Yeah, I can still work with other stuff. I just need someone to organize them for me, sadly, since classes just started (ED, YOU HEAR ME? I think you're not busy. 😁 ) Joking. I'll just look at the forums... not interested in e-mailing and IRC and chatting and whatever.

Also, I'll work on a particular project (typesetting) alone so that the details don't get mixed up... fonts and stuff.

Life is fun. Anyway, for the most part, I can't guarantee fast work. My best is now about 4 days (not including proofreading, which I usually try to do), and it may take me up to a week long to finish 30 pages.

Hmm... I'm interested in Chocolat (I got tired with YSC), so... well, I'll try. Razz So just, uhh, tell me what to do, somewhere. If you need me, that is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mangaupdates.com/mylist.html?id=35389&list=read

Hiatus and all
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: GENERAL :: STAFF-
Jump to: